Sunday, May 24, 2009

Great Americans

Who are our great Americans? For some it revolves around their political party. To others it may be a current or past family member. If you listen to Sean Hannity's radio program is it either him or his callers. To me none of these are great Americans.
To me, the only truly great Americans are those that put on one of the various armed service uniforms each and every day. Those that serve voluntarily day after day, year after year are the great Americans.
Over the years I have had the pleasure of meeting and working beside men and women who served during WWII. They're great Americans. I have been to Washington DC and walked amongst the memorials to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom that we have today. It is a very moving experience. Yet nothing compares to walking though Arlington National Cemetery. Those resting there are great Americans.
On this Memorial Day I hope each and everyone that reads this takes just a few minutes to pause to honor those that are the greatest Americans of all, the men and women of the armed forces - Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments. I have recently learned that comments come to me as anonymous. Therefore, please sign your comments unless you really want to be anonymous. Let's keep the discussions on topic. Thanks...