Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Ballots Are Out

This week the ballots went out. I just wanted to post a few thoughts on why you should vote for me.

Over the past four years I have attended about 80% of the council meetings. I have learned a lot during that time. I have also seen my opponent in action and at times the lack of action/participation. As a council member he has stated numerous times that he does not like additional meetings or study sessions. The additional study sessions/meetings are planned so that he can make a more educated decision. So by not attending them shows me that he really does not care about the issues before him.

I, on the other hand, take my appointment to the Planning Commission very seriously. I attend the meetings and have only missed a couple over the past two years. Just a side note, the Planning Commission is scheduled to only have one meeting per month. Because of the work load we have been having two meetings per month plus we have held some additional study sessions with the city council. I have been serving on the commission as a volunteer without any complaining. Mr. Olson, as a paid, elected official, complains all the time about having to do extra. This is wrong.

One other area that we differ on is our opinion of the value that our city staff adds to the council's decision process. I believe we have a great city staff. They are very knowledgeable and can be a great resource to council in making wise decisions. Do I always agree with them, no, but I still value their input. Mr. Olson seems to take a different view of city staff. Watching from the audience at council meetings, Mr. Olson, at times, treats our city staff as if they were something he purchased on sale at a swap meet. Again, this is wrong. My track record from the Planning Commission shows that I respect our city staff even in disagreements.

As the 2009 elections draw to a close, I would ask for your vote for Ferndale City Council Position 7. If you want to help, it is not to late. For ways to help please contact me at either: BrentListenstoYou@yahoo.com or phone me at 384-8151. Financial assistance can be mailed to Brent Goodrich, 5666 Correll Dr. #106, Ferndale, WA 98248.

Thank you again for those who have supported me and I look forward to serving the citizens of Ferndale for the next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments. I have recently learned that comments come to me as anonymous. Therefore, please sign your comments unless you really want to be anonymous. Let's keep the discussions on topic. Thanks...