Monday, October 26, 2009

Elections a week away

With the election a week away I would encourage all my Ferndale friends to mail in their ballots. As of this afternoon, only 16% of the ballots have been returned. If you did not know the Ferndale post office does not post mark your ballots here. They are loaded onto a truck and post marked in Everett. If you want your ballot counted on election day, then you need to get it mailed early. (Ballots can be mailed on election day, they just will not be counted until they are received at the county office, which could be a couple days later.)

As you look over your ballot I would encourage you to vote Brent Goodrich for Ferndale City Council Position 7. Our current council is getting out of hand and there needs to be a person of reason on it, besides Councilmen Hansen. I have been attending council meetings for the past four years so I have a good background on what has been happening and where the city is headed.

Ferndale needs someone on the council that reads their packets, reads the changes to the Municipal Code and values staff input. I will do that, my opponent does not. This does not mean that I will agree with everything presented, but at least I will have read it and will be able to ask intelligent questions to help me make the best decisions possible. I will not vote to support something with my vote and then, a few weeks or months later, go into attack mode against our city staff as my opponent does.

Ferndale deserves better than what we are getting now from Mr. Olson. Petty bickering does not help move Ferndale forward. Neither does reliving the past election over and over and over again, unless that's the highlight of your past term in office.

A vote for Brent Goodrich is a vote for a positive future for Ferndale. You might not always agree with my votes but you will never be embarrassed by my behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments. I have recently learned that comments come to me as anonymous. Therefore, please sign your comments unless you really want to be anonymous. Let's keep the discussions on topic. Thanks...